Ricky Bobby

Ricky Bobby
If you ain't first you're last

Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Little Late....

This is a post about "What Could Have Been". Do you ever feel like you're just running a split second behind? Everything I've endeavored to do today....was just done or boogered up by someone else. And as usual...the same person is cutting in front....T-Bug.

I was gonna run a post today about Christy going into labor a week early....but Tilena's apparently already told the entire civilized world. As we were getting ready for work this morning Carlton called to say he was on the way to the hospital with Christy. She, we, and her doctor were all expecting her to deliver in 8-10 more days....everyone that is except Master Clayton Parker Giddens. He's decided there's no time like the present. So, instead of going to LaBelle, Tilena heads off to Savannah. I'll have to wait until later to go up there; work just won't allow it right now. I thought it may be fun to tell Ryan the news at lunch....too late, Mom called him at work. Then I thought, I'm sure Nick will call to check in from Washington DC and I'll get to tell him first. Well, he did call in this afternoon, but guess who had already called him? I don't even get to show Christy and Carlton my new car....guess who drove it up there instead of her own? As a matter of fact, she's a serial tattler. Every one of her family members and friends knew she was pregnant with Ryan before I did....see, this behavior has a pattern. I do worry about her traveling today though, I know she's tired. We were both up at 3 a.m. this morning to see Nick off to the airport. By then we were wired, and niether of us was able to go back to sleep before time to get up for work. You know, the hang nail of all this is....I've just realized, she's even gonna get to see Parker first...

Since I've been beaten to the punch on the baby news, I guess I'll have to settle myself with posting to my blog the photos of the FLW Tournament I've been compiling this week...wait a minute....where's my camera? One guess...Just little late I suppose, just a little late. I'm pretty sure my camera is on the way to Savannah with my bride.

The Tournament has been a lot of fun for me though. As of yesterday the "big fish" of the week was 10 lbs. The five fish leading total yesterday was 25 lbs. I think more than 50 teams were over 18 lbs for the day. Tomorrow will separate the sheep from the goats though. It will be windy and rainy all day with a cold front coming through in the afternoon. It was 85 degrees today and will only be 65 tomorrow. That's an enormous change for fishing conditions. I had some really good photos to show you....I really did....you'll just have to imagine them for now. Maybe we'll have a photo of a fat little boy to show soon instead. Hopefully, the merry "button pusher" won't erase them before she gets home with them.

Until then...love your family, give thanks to our God, and if you're thinking of doing something....go ahead and do it....before you turn up just a little late.

Don & Co.


Palm Trees and Sand........................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always 1 step ahead of you that's all!!

I love and miss you!!

T.