Ricky Bobby

Ricky Bobby
If you ain't first you're last

Friday, January 16, 2009

A New Year

How's that for a coincidence? Just looking back at my last post and the theme was about time slipping away....that was on 27 December 2008. Today is 16 January 2009.

The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind. We all took off to Savannah for a few days and then rushed home for school and work. I did a load of laundry, worked a day or two and then took off back to Jacksonville and just rolled back in about midnight Wednesday...do you know what a feeling it is to creep in late at night when you've been away for so long. Everyone is asleep (except Bowden of course). Just walking silently through the house looking at each face, soaking up those polaroids in my mind. Those are the precious moments of life. You can't buy them, can't reproduce them...you just have reach out and grab hold of those treasures as they come by. Then there's the issue of Bowden. How does he know I'm coming home? There he was lying next to the laundry room door where I come in from the garage. He didn't say a whole lot, but he stood straight up and wrapped those huge paws around me and squeezed for dear life. It was like he had been waiting there since I left. I hope one day to be even half the man Bowden thinks I am.

I talked to my Aunt Herthel this morning. She's in Verona Virginia (suburb of Staunton). It was seven (7) degrees there. It is not as warm today as usual here, but it is about 70 outside right now. It's hard to imagine a 63 degree temperature variance. I'll pray for them, but I wouldn't want to be there with them.

When I get my promised photos from Christy, I'll post them....she's been telling me she would send them since we got back from up there. No photos yet...

Till then, God Bless you all.

Don & Company

No comments: